Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update - Things Aren't Getting Any Better Here

A lot has happened here.  Nothing seems to be getting any better.  I'll try to fill you in. 

Last Tuesday, I got a call while I was at work, from Courtney.  I knew before she ever said a word, that she was crying, because I could hear the tears.  She said she might get fired from her job, and should she just go ahead and quit?  I asked her what had happened.  She has been at this job about a year.  She said she didn't show up for her shift at work Saturday because her friend took her car because the friend didn't think Courtney had to work Saturday.  Courtney didn't have a phone, so she couldn't call in to work.  She was a "no-show".

She said when she got to work, they took her keys.  She said the other girls were giggling and snickering.  Courtney has always been an assistant manager. I told here that is how people are, they don't want you to do better than they do, and they were glad she was getting knocked a step.  Courtney asked me is she should go ahead and quit.  I asked her what she would do if she quit, and she said she could get a job at Cracker Barrel.

Courtney said she didn't know why all this was happening.  I said it was because she wasn't living right.  She wasn't walking in the light, on the path God has chosen for her.  She got mad, and said she thought she could get some support from her mother, but she should have known better.  I told her that I had been supporting her for for 23 years.  She hung up, and I didn't talk to her again for several days.  I realized if she left the cleaners, we would have no way to get in touch with her.  I really doubted she still had a job.  I'm afraid for her.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment