Monday, January 30, 2012

No, She Didn't Come

My Daughter, Lucy and I, went to the concert Friday night.  We were suppose to meet my sister there.  Courtney was also suppose to come.  The concert started at 7:30.  We were there about 7:00.  I was standing in the lobby, trying to stand where I could watch all the doors to see when Courtney arrived.  I knew she would not have any money, and I had a $10 bill in my hand to pay her way in.  At about 7:15 I noticed people were starting to congregate outside.  Suddenly I had a horrible feeling.  I turned to Lucy and and said, "Go to the money collectors and ask if they've stopped letting people in."  Lucy said that it wasn't time to start yet, they probably needed change.  I was pretty sure this was not the case, and went to ask myself.  Sure enough, the fire marshall had shut everything down.  Not one other person could come into the facility.  There were 5,500 people inside, and an additional 1,500 outside.  I was so sad.  I couldn't believe that we were separated from the ones we were waiting for.  About that time my sister called, and said the wouldn't let her in.  But we already knew that.  I don't know if Courtney came or not, because she doesn't have a phone.  And I have not heard from her since.

I was pretty sad about Courtney not being there.  But I didn't want to act like I was, because I didn't want Lucy to think I was disappointed and not glad to spend time with her.  When we went into the arena to find seats, the announcer was saying that if you were holding seats, to give them up.  No one else was getting in, and they had to get everyone seated before the show could begin.  So we found seats, and the lights went down.  I know I had tears the first couple of songs, but I didn't want my other daughter to see.  The show was great, and I'm glad we went.

There is no excuse for Courtney to not call since Thursday.  She is angry at me, I guess, and wants to be sure we know it.  Lucy is pretty sure she has access to a phone, because she believes Molly is talking to her.  Pretty childish behaviour.  The last time she was gone, her dad told Courtney that if she didn't check in with me once a week, we would have the police to go do a wellness check to see if she was OK.  We can't do that this time, because we don't know where she is staying.  Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment