Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 5 of 31 Days of Prayers for my Prodigals

Dear Lord, 

Thank you so much for the beautiful day today.  Thank you for the blessings you send for my family each and every day. 

Lord, thank you for letting me hear from Courtney today.  When I got up today I saw that she called at 3:00 am  from her old phone she had at home.  I knew that somehow she must have gotten a friend to put money on it for her.  Courney called tonight and said that a friend had turned on her phone.  So we can at least talk to her and know she is OK.

I told people at church last night that Courtney would be traveling home this weekend.  But now I need to tell them that won't happen.  Courtney has decided to stay where she is.  A new friend of hers has a family member that will be gone for a couple of weeks.  Courtney and her friend are going to ask if Courtney can house sit during that time.  She will try one more time to find a job.  Then she plans to look for a situation where she can be a roommate.  She is an adult, Lord, and there is nothing I can say or do to stop her.  Even when I believe she is making poor choices.

I have decided to try not to worry about it.  To leave everything alone till she decides to make changes and come home.  There really is no other way.  When she asks me to bring her home, I will start to plan.  Until then, I feel like she is having a ball, on her extended vacation.  She doesn't understand how quickly a situation can turn bad.

Lord, I'm thankful that she is healthy, and that she is safe.  I'm thankful she seems happy.  I don't agree with her choices, but for these things I am thankful.

Lord, I pray you would bring good Christian, believing people into her life.  I pray she will be surrounded with these good people who will lead her to a good life.  I pray she finds a church and becomes active.  I pray for people who will influence her for your Glory.  With all this free time Courtney has, I pray she will pick up your word, and place it in her heart.

I used to think it would kill me if one of my children moved away.  Now, Lord, I believe that I will be fine with her living away, as long as Courtney returns to the path you have chosen for her.  And as long as she learns how to be happy.

Please keep your arms around her, Lord,  Hold her close.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment