Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 17 of 31 Days of Prayers for My Prodigals

Today I was thinking about how many young people I know who are struggling with alcohol or drugs.  Several parents our age in our community have lost a child to a drug overdose or alcohol.  I wish there were a way we could all work together to turn our children around.  The problem with that idea is that I don't think everyone wants to stop this culture.  To some people it is a way of life, and they live it WITH their kids.  No wonder this lifestyle looks so appealing. 

A young man our daughters went to school with started a blog about his struggle with drugs.  This was a wonderful family, went to a church similar to ours.  But he seems to have turned away from that lifestyle now.  Great for he and his family.  You know, the Bible says "Train up a child in the way he should go, and we he is old he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6).  I know a couple who said until the day they passed away, that they had not lived long enough to see this promise fulfilled in their family.  I hope I live long enough. 

Dear God,

Thank you so much for all the blessings you send for my family.  Thank you for letting Courtney call and sound better today.  I pray you will continue to surround her with Believing people who will tell her the truth.  Lord, let her see that she needs to come home.  I understand that non one wants to keep her up because they aren't her family.  Let her come home before someone hurts her, Lord.

Guide, guard, and direct us, Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment