Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 23 of 31 Days of Prayers for my Prodigals

Hello friends,  So sorry that I have been missing for the last 5 days.  Computer problems, family problems.  But I am glad to be here today. 

Molly called me this week and asked me who I thought had called her.  I had no idea.  She told me that she got a call from a jail in another state.  Someone she dated a while ago called her.  They spoke several times that day, but she thought she was going to have to block his calls.  I asked what he was in jail for, and she said drugs.  I told her I was very sorry to hear that.  And I am.

That got me thinking.  So many people we know have children who are involved with drugs.  Several people we know have lost a child to drugs.  I can think of three without trying.  Such a sad time.  And another trend that is a sign of the times are people raising their grandchildren.  Either officially, or unofficially.  I have been asked several times why we do this.  Why don't we make our child raise her own child?  I say, "Because the child is a baby, and he can't help it".  Everyone wants their life to be the way it should be.  Sometimes that doesn't happen, and we don't know why.  I can honestly say I don't have a clue why two of my children have chosen lives different than the ones they were raised to live.  I don't know how we got on this road.  I just hope we don't stay here forever.

Courtney moved a few months ago out of state.  The state is very liberal and has a lot of welfare type programs.  She has applied for food stamps (which have a cash side available to them) and Medicaid.  There is also a possibility she can go to college free because she has no income.  I think if she gets these programs in place, she probably will stay there forever.

Dear Lord,

I have heard you speaking to me this week.  Thank you so much for the calmness you have brought to my life.  I have finally come to terms with the fact that I need to let go, and let you take care of my daughters.  I realize that I will always love them, worry about them, pray for them.  But I have to move aside and  let you work in their lives.

Even thought Courtney was in an accident this past week, thank you for letting her be safe.  Stay with her Lord, and make your presence known to her.  She says she is going to church.  I hope she is.

Please, Lord, keep all the prodigal children safe.  Bless them and their families.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment