Thursday, January 26, 2012

Concert tomorrow. Will she come?

I called Courtney's work today (she works at a dry cleaners) and left a message.  I said that we were still going to the Christian concert tomorrow night, and if she wanted to go, we would see her there.  The lady said she would give Courtney the message.  Well, the lady knew Courtney had left home.  She just left a phone message for Courtney saying that her Mom had called.  Courtney called back, sounding excited that I had called her.  I told her why I called, and she said, "Oh.  OK".  So I don't know what she thought I was going to say.  I don't know if she will come tomorrow night or not.  She needs to.  Maybe something said there would touch her heart.  My mother told me that as long as we kept letting her come home, she would never change.  My parents are not practicing Christians.  What does that statement mean, exactly?  Does it mean that I should let her be homeless?  Because last time she came home she had nowhere else to go.  I will be so thankful one day, when all this is behind us.  And I know my family is safe.  This is the hardest thing I have ever done.

It's getting late, so I guess I will be back tomorrow.  I hope you will be, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment